Tips For Your Personalization and Experimentation Program [Ronny Kohavi, Airbnb]
Apr 30th, 2020 by diggintravel
Personalization, artificial intelligence and machine learning are hot topics. But how can you measure if your personalization initiatives and your algorithms really work?
Ronny has worked in the fields of data mining and machine learning for more than 25 years. He is an authority in the area of experimentation and co-author of the book Trustworthy Online Controlled Experiments: A Practical Guide to A/B Testing.
Before he joined Airbnb, Ronny grew the experimentation platform (ExP) team at Microsoft to over 110 data scientists, developers, and program managers to accelerate innovation at Microsoft through trustworthy analysis and experimentation.
But Ronny is not just an experimentation expert! In the past, he was Director of Data Mining and Personalization at Amazon, so he also has tons of experience in the area of personalization.
Listen to the full Diggintravel Podcast interview with Ronny to learn more about:
- What is the role of online experiments in the current crisis?
- Why do you need a trustworthy environment for testing?
- How can you define the right metrics (OEC – overall evaluation criteria)?
- OEC and other great examples from Amazon and Microsoft
- How are experimentation, personalization and machine learning connected?
You can find the link to the full interview article with Ronny here: